Export the SHELL(I/O) of a work session in XCAS.

Messages in english

Modérateur : xcasadmin

compsystems

Export the SHELL(I/O) of a work session in XCAS.

Message par compsystems » dim. janv. 22, 2023 2:31 pm

Hello
Some ideas for the fixed installation of the CAS version on PC

a: I note that in recent versions XCAS can import work sessions from certain calculators, it should also import an XCAS shell.

The XCAS-pc interface is a SHELL with numbered inputs and outputs. I think it would be very important for XCAS to import a login script in the list as well, I don't know what prefix could be used, it could be one similar to Maxima. For example

(%i1) (-3)^2
(%i2) -3^2
(%i3) -(3^2)
(%i4) csolve((x^2-1) = -3,'=')

for which XCAS is required to export a shell-like text file, it can have the extension .sxcas, this file would also export the output

(%i1) (-3)^2
(%o1) 9

(%i2) -3^2
(%o2) -9

(%i3) -(3^2)
(%o3) -9

(%i4) csolve((x^2-1) = -3,'=')
(%04)set[x = (i*sqrt(2)),x = ((−i)*sqrt(2))]

Of course, when importing this file, the results or outputs are ignored.

The student can use this file without using xcas to write expressions and their possible solutions, and then compare them with the computational results.

It can also be used by the teacher to bring a series of scripts to their students and run them in class with XCAS.

and finally upload an XCAS script in a printed or digital document, since currently it is necessary to copy and paste the inputs and outputs that XCAS returns line by line or take screenshots, but the latter do not allow copying the input expressions

¿good idea?

parisse

Re: Export the SHELL(I/O) of a work session in XCAS.

Message par parisse » lun. janv. 23, 2023 11:30 am

This functionnality is already available.
saving in text format: File, Export, Xcas text.
Then open and modify with any text editor (one line per level). Now make a selection and copy with ctrl-c. Then in Xcas click on any level number and paste with ctrl-v.

Répondre