files needed at runtime

Messages in english

Modérateur : xcasadmin

frederic han

files needed at runtime

Message par frederic han » mer. mai 18, 2016 3:53 pm

hello bernard,
are there in share/giac still some files needed at runtime by icas such as aide_cas, keywords...
and some need by xcas such as: xcasmenu xcasex

or is everything needed at runtime by icas and xcas in share/doc/giac ?

parisse

Re: files needed at runtime

Message par parisse » mer. mai 18, 2016 5:49 pm

According to the Makefile.am, it seems everything is installed in $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/share/giac/doc/ (at least everything explicitly installed)

frederic han

Message par frederic han » mer. mai 18, 2016 8:50 pm

But it look that the files such as keywords ... are also in share/doc/giac so the question is:
will giac or xcas works with share/doc/giac while all the files in share/giac/doc being in a separate package that may not be installed?

(Up to now the giac.spec makes many tricks to distinguish the keywords and menu files stored in share/giac/doc from the others to put them in different packages)

parisse

Message par parisse » jeu. mai 19, 2016 6:20 am

I think it will work because
grep "share" *.cc | grep doc
does not point to anything in .../share/doc/giac.
Perhaps automake puts file in ../share/doc/giac while I expect them in .../share/giac/doc and that's why I had to install help files explicitly.

sagitter

Message par sagitter » jeu. mai 19, 2016 8:49 am

Hi,

I don't know if you already talked about non-free documentation that is spread into src packages of GIAC ...

Those files with restricted license invalidate the inclusion of Giac into third-party repository (like the Fedora ones), in which we spread both source and binary RPMs. Alternative is repack your src-packages of Giac excluding non-free files; best choice would be the releasing of French files with a most "free-friendly" license or getting out non-free files.

Giac is currently under review for inclusion into official Fedora repositories.
mailto: sagitter 'at' fedoraproject 'dot' org
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sagitter

parisse

Message par parisse » jeu. mai 19, 2016 9:05 am

Hi,

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the french doc from my source tarball now because that would make my work of building binaries including it more complicated (and the french doc is important considering the current user basis of Xcas). It's difficult to find a more free license for the doc that would be compatible with distributions policies and protects the author of the doc (that's really different from source code where support protects the author).
Since Frederic Han solved the same problem for sage, maybe fedora could use his source package. An alternative could be to start from his latest source, and synchronize with geogebra SVN for the giac part (https://dev.geogebra.org/trac/browser/t ... c/src/giac).

Répondre