Decade of the 20s and Xcas

Messages in english

Modérateur : xcasadmin

compsystems

Decade of the 20s and Xcas

Message par compsystems » mer. janv. 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Electronic translation :mrgreen:

Hi Bernard, we are entering a new decade (20s) where we will see very important facts such as getting to Mars with human beings, detecting extraterrestrial life, even if it is not intelligent, possibly the first functional or practical operation computers of several Qbits, also where computational applications reach a very high stage of maturity with AI, ...
After the futuristic introduction, I present ideas to improve Xcas, many that are irrelevant from the mathematical point of view, or from practice, but I am a lover of harmony, congruence and formality.
I would like to see these improvements in Xcas in future releases

1: Accept the symbols (·) and (×) as synonyms for (*) and (÷) as a synonym for (/)
The symbols (*) and (/) are ugly, as the computer keyboard was designed to write text
(following the form of mechanical typewriters) and not for mathematical editing, there was no choice but to take these borrowed symbols, of course the symbols (·, ×, ÷) cannot be entered directly from a normal QWERTY keyboard, but at least in the documents created with the Xcas operation, a notation closer to the true and universal notation of mathematics and that can be executed in Xcas is displayed.

2: I have already tried in the Xcas classroom online and it works very well, but there are still people reluctant to use an online CAS, some want the traditional way, that is to say, run a version installed on the PC and tabletsPC, while it happens This transition, the installation version of Xcas must evolve to a better GUI and that it is stable, since the current one in 64bits fails, from my position as a simple user I do not have the power to summon experts to carry out this but with the International cooperation and communications is possible, always keeping in mind that it must be freely distributed and installed. We must clearly look for some form of financing for the people involved.

for example, the author of Smath Studio has already raised more than $ 14000
https://en.smath.com/forum/

parisse

Re: Decade of the 20s and Xcas

Message par parisse » ven. janv. 03, 2020 8:20 am

I do not want to spend time myself to raise funding for a nicer user interface implementation of Xcas on Windows (and Mac/Linux), but if someone else want to be involved in this, I would welcome it!

belanger

Message par belanger » ven. janv. 03, 2020 4:08 pm

I've never had trouble with the Xcas interface on 64-bit Linux.

But how did you use Xcas in the classroom?
I only have access to a computer classroom sporadically, but I keep meaning to incorporate Xcas in homeworks.

Jay

compsystems

Message par compsystems » sam. janv. 04, 2020 6:25 pm

I use Xcas in a research project (South America, Colombia) to use this tool and develop mathematical computational algorithmic reasoning.

compsystems

Message par compsystems » sam. janv. 04, 2020 9:43 pm

The following file has an invalid argument seq1 (line15: limit( seq1, n, +infinity )) and when running on PC the Xcas-64 bit application is closed, please verify

http://eonicasys.com/CAS/xcas/cascmd_en ... as_eng.xws

Code : Tout sélectionner

/* A sequence seq (a_n, n = 1..∞) is a function whose domain is the set of positive integers */
restart( NULL ); [ expr1, seq1, seq2, seq3, list1 ] // purge( expr1, seq1, seq2, seq3, list1 ) 
autosimplify( false )
expr1 := ( 1 + (1/n) )^n
seq1 := seq( ( 1 + (1/n) )^n, n = 1..15 )
seq2 := seq( ( 1.0 + (1/n) )^n, n = 1..200, 20 )
limit( ( 1 + (1/n) )^n, n, +infinity )
limit( expr1, n, +infinity )
approx( exp( 1 ) )
seq3 := seq( cos( x ), x = 1..5 ) // the output is a sequence if the seq command has up to 3 arguments
set( seq3 )
list1 := seq( cos( x ), x, 1, 5 ) // list, > 3 args
set( list1 ) // a set with one single element (a list)
convert( list1, set )
limit( seq1, n, +infinity ) // < fail 

Répondre