XCAS UNICODE SYMBOLS

Messages in english

Modérateur : xcasadmin

compsystems

XCAS UNICODE SYMBOLS

Message par compsystems » dim. juin 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Hello

I am using PSEINT, a pseudocode interpreter for high school students for starting with algorithmic computational logic, other teachers start their classes with professional IDEs and languages like C++, JAVA, although lately most of them want to teach and learn PYTHON.

For those starting with professional IDEs, one report says they aren't as successful as using programs like SCRATCH, FLOWGORITH, PSEINT, ARDUINO.

PSEINT
http://cucarachasracing.blogspot.com/20 ... s-que.html

FLOWGORITH
http://www.flowgorithm.org/

After using PSEINT, I use the HP-PRIME / XCAS platform.
One of the latest features of PSEINT is Unicode support, for example you can replace when typing <=,> =, <> with your standard symbols (UNICODE) ≤,≥,≠, ...
I hope this can be incorporated into XCAS

see next animation

parisse

Re: XCAS UNICODE SYMBOLS

Message par parisse » lun. juin 22, 2020 6:26 am

We had already this discussion. I don't see why it would be better since <= can easily be typed on the keyboard. By the way, ≤ is already parsed.

compsystems

Message par compsystems » mar. juin 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Hello
The keyboard of most computers is a keyboard for writing books, not for computer programming, there was a keyboard for this purpose =) APL languaje

In the animation we see that when you type <> it automatically replaces it with the ≠ symbol. This can be another option for Xcas, type how it has been done <=,>=, <>, !=, etc ... and when compiled, replace it with the unicode symbol. by means of a flag on/off for users who want to see the standard ASCII encoding

All this to see a more readable code, I would like and even that the algebraic expressions were introduced in 2D, for example the editor of the ti-nspire is a code editor for 2D programs.

I want to see a code that is closest to the mathematical language, =)

parisse

Message par parisse » mer. juin 24, 2020 5:49 pm

There is already support in the lexer, despite the fact I'm not convinced it's useful. There won't be more, at least by me, I have no time to add what you want, I thought I already explained that to you. Commercial softwares can invest developers time to add these kinds of UI features and will communicate on that. But UI features must be re-programmed every few years, in the end it's wasted time. "Life is short and ROM is full"

Répondre