XCAS GUI Spanish Translation

Messages in english

Modérateur : xcasadmin

Répondre
compsystems

XCAS GUI Spanish Translation

Message par compsystems » ven. avr. 21, 2023 4:56 am

Hello

I want to collaborate with the Spanish translation of the menus and exit message.
how can I collaborate?

parisse

Re: XCAS GUI Spanish Translation

Message par parisse » ven. avr. 21, 2023 6:02 pm

Get and install the latest cygwin64 version of Xcas (https://www-fourier.univ-grenoble-alpes ... 64inst.exe, just released, should be version 1.9.45). You should see a file named es.po in the c:\xcas64 directory. This file contains the Spanish translations, it should be edited with poedit (https://poedit.net/or any editor that understands po format). After edition, open c:\xcas64\bash.exe and run the script doit.sh, this will update the translations. After that you will be able to check your translations with xcas. Once you are happy, send the es.po file and I'll integrate it in the next Xcas updates.

You can also update the user-defined menus by editing the file c:\xcas64\doc\es\xcasmenu with a text editor (a programming editor should be fine). Each line corresponds to a menuitem. Slashes (/) are used for submenus. It's also possible to translate keywords by editing the c:\xcas64\doc\es\keywords file, each entry is a couple of words, the English commandname and the translated commandname.

The online help file aide_cas can also be updated for Spanish translations. Each entry in this file begins with
# commandname
and is followed by some entries beginning with 1, 2, etc., the help displayed for Spanish is the text that follows 3, this text should not contain any newline. For example
# fadeev
1 Option de la commande pcar ou charpoly pour spécifier l'algorithme utilisé.
2 Option of the pcar or charpoly command to specify the algorithm.
3 Opción del comando pcar o charpoly para especificar el algoritmo.

If you edit the aide_cas file, make sure to edit it with a text editor (a programming editor should be fine).

This is not a funny task, but it would be very useful for Spanish speaking Xcas users.
Thanks in advance for all your efforts!

compsystems

Message par compsystems » sam. avr. 22, 2023 3:47 am

Hello
starting task
I want to test some translations, but how to run the script?
I tried next.
I double click on bath.exe
bash-4.3$
bash-4.3$ doit.sh [enter]
bash: exe: command not found

parisse

Message par parisse » sam. avr. 22, 2023 6:59 am

The command should be ./doit.sh
You can also edit doit.bat, replace xcas with xcas64 (two occurences), then try to run doit.bat from the explorer.

compsystems

Message par compsystems » sam. avr. 22, 2023 1:15 pm

I modify the file doit.bat

Code : Tout sélectionner

c:
cd \xcas
\xcas\bash.exe doit.sh
to

Code : Tout sélectionner

c:
cd \xcas64
\xcas64\bash.exe doit.sh
then run bash.exe as administrator
bash-4.3$ ./doit.sh

bash: ./doit.sh: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied

parisse

Message par parisse » dim. avr. 23, 2023 5:43 am

Don't run it as administrator. Try to run doit.bat from windows explorer. If that does not work, try to run the msgfmt command for es.po like in doit.sh from bash. If that does not work try again from a window shell. If it still fails, you will have to do the conversion from a Linux box...

compsystems

Message par compsystems » lun. avr. 24, 2023 3:18 am

when executing the sequence of instructions it throws me this

Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19045.2364]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\Users\pc>cd..

C:\Users>cd..

C:\>cd xcas64

C:\xcas64>bash.exe doit.sh
bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
/xcas64/msgfmt.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggettextlib-0-18-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/xcas64/msgfmt.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggettextlib-0-18-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

C:\xcas64>

parisse

Message par parisse » lun. avr. 24, 2023 5:07 am

This dll is missing. Unfortunately I do not have it now and I can't find it on the web. Maybe it will work with a later version of cyggettextlib if you can find one.
But probably your best solution is install a windows version of gettext including msgfmt, like https://nugetmusthaves.com/Package/Gettext.Tools

compsystems

Message par compsystems » mar. avr. 25, 2023 7:20 pm

Hello Bernard, I can't update the language file ^, can you please update the translation file in the next update to check the progress of the translation of the following file

Thank you so much
file es.po updated =>
https://www.eonicasys.com.co/math/syste ... hers/es.po

parisse

Message par parisse » jeu. avr. 27, 2023 5:57 am

The file es.po seems ok. If you want to try, the output of msgfmt is available here
https://www-fourier.univ-grenoble-alpes ... mp/giac.mo
Copy this file in the following subdirectory of your Xcas install: locale/es/LC_MESSAGES
Then run xcas and check!
Thanks!

Répondre