use of Khicas and Xcas

HP-Prime CAS && Numworks N0110 & Casio Graph 90+e/35eii & TI-Nspire KhiCAS: Questions, documents, bugs, suggestions.
Federico Di Ceglie

Re: use of Khicas and Xcas

Message par Federico Di Ceglie » dim. nov. 26, 2017 7:22 pm

parisse a écrit :I recommend the HP unless you need multi-precision floats : with the latest beta firmware most of the Xcas commands are available and there I have the tools to fix bugs, assume works for example.
In any case, is it possibile for us users to help you improve Xcas? Since I use Khicas a lot I was wondering if it was possibile to help you eliminate bugs and create an updated and definitive Version
Instaead of this experimental. Are you already worked on a Project like that?

I know very good programmers who work gadly to help you improve Xcas and Khicas.

parisse

Message par parisse » dim. nov. 26, 2017 7:50 pm

There are many areas where Xcas contributors would be welcomed. Some of them:
* for khicas: what is missing is a good debugging environement. I need a way to run gdb with a debug enabled version of khicas running on the firebird emulator. Currently I must add print statements with the console version of giac and recompile then transfert, it's very slow.
* for Xcas: the UI could be improved. I don't think the native Xcas is really worth improvements, but the javascript version or any ios/android native version could be.
* The javascript version of Giac in interaction with latex is certainly a very interesting area for potential improvements, cf. https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pa ... astex.html. Interfaces of Giac with other langages is certainly interesting too : for example better integration with visual c++, or improved ports of giacpy/qcas. And people with both math and computer science capabilities could also implement new algorithms or improve existing ones.
* for non programmers, writing documentation or localization in your native langage would be useful!

Federico Di Ceglie

Message par Federico Di Ceglie » lun. nov. 27, 2017 1:37 pm

parisse a écrit :There are many areas where Xcas contributors would be welcomed. Some of them:
* for khicas: what is missing is a good debugging environement. I need a way to run gdb with a debug enabled version of khicas running on the firebird emulator. Currently I must add print statements with the console version of giac and recompile then transfert, it's very slow.
* for Xcas: the UI could be improved. I don't think the native Xcas is really worth improvements, but the javascript version or any ios/android native version could be.
* The javascript version of Giac in interaction with latex is certainly a very interesting area for potential improvements, cf. https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pa ... astex.html. Interfaces of Giac with other langages is certainly interesting too : for example better integration with visual c++, or improved ports of giacpy/qcas. And people with both math and computer science capabilities could also implement new algorithms or improve existing ones.
* for non programmers, writing documentation or localization in your native langage would be useful!
Perfect, I'll spread the voice, even on other forums.
Good luck whith your work!

Federico Di Ceglie

Message par Federico Di Ceglie » mar. nov. 28, 2017 7:11 pm

https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird ... g-with-GDB

On ti-Planet Adriweb, which is a very good programmer on ti-nspire, says that this is the better
Method to debug Khicas, but I think It's the same you are using.

parisse

Message par parisse » mar. nov. 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Unfortunately last time I tried, it did not work.

Federico Di Ceglie

Message par Federico Di Ceglie » mer. nov. 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Have you tried with:
Eclipse CDT
Qt creator
Visual studio
Code blocks
Kdevelop
Are good debugging environment for programs in c++.
They don't work with Khicas?

parisse

Message par parisse » mer. nov. 29, 2017 3:05 pm

The problem is with gdb whatever the interface. I'm debugging myself with emacs and gdb or even with gdb in console mode, and that failed (segfault or breakpoint not working, I don't remember).

Federico Di Ceglie

Message par Federico Di Ceglie » mer. nov. 29, 2017 3:12 pm

parisse a écrit :The problem is with gdb whatever the interface. I'm debugging myself with emacs and gdb or even with gdb in console mode, and that failed (segfault or breakpoint not working, I don't remember).

But this is a gdb problem or Khicas problem?
Because if the problem is gdb you could change Program for debugging

parisse

Message par parisse » mer. nov. 29, 2017 3:21 pm

I don't know how gdb works to tell. I don't think there are alternatives to gdb to debug programs cross-ompiled with gcc. You must realize that it's relatively complicated process because you are executing step by step a program on an emulator of the physical ARM device, the program is in ARM assembly code, while the debugger runs on the PC (in x86_64 code). And giac is not a small program if you look at the ressources on the emulator.

Répondre