Librairie C++ de calcul formel/ C++ symbolic computation library

Modérateur : xcasadmin

infinity0

Missing source for algoseconde.tex

Message par infinity0 » dim. juin 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi, in 1.2.3-51 there is a new file doc/algoseconde.html, in it it says:

Code : Tout sélectionner

<!--HEVEA command line is: hevea -fix algoseconde.tex -->
However this file isn't present in the source tarball. Could you include it in the next release? Thanks!

parisse

Re: Missing source for algoseconde.tex

Message par parisse » lun. juin 26, 2017 10:36 am

I could include it in the distribution, but you wouldn't be able to compile it properly, because it's based on a "new" toolchain where the latest unstable hevea version is used in conjonction with a mathml converter. For more details:
https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pa ... astex.html
I think it's easier to keep it like final documentation (in French) at least for now.

infinity0

Message par infinity0 » mar. juin 27, 2017 9:14 am

OK, but I can't distribute things in Debian unless there is a way to build them from the "preferred form for modification". (This includes minified javascript libraries, I can't distribute these either.) I also can't distribute things that link to remote javascript e.g. using <script src="{url}"> tags, I have to rewrite these to use local files instead.

When is this new toolchain likely to be released - and will you try to merge heveatomml into hevea? Or if not, how should I package it for Debian, as part of giac or separately? It contains some giac-specific files.

parisse

Message par parisse » mar. juin 27, 2017 11:39 am

Then it's probably better not to distribute algoseconde.html (and all Xcas for Firefox files) in the official debian package. I'm not the author of hevea, I can't integrate hevea2mml into it and I'm certainly not the best guy to add support for emscripten compilation of giac.js.
It's a bit unfortunate to stick to strict rules and remove original functionnalities. Not that unfortunate since interested people can access to this from their browser.

infinity0

Message par infinity0 » mer. juin 28, 2017 11:28 am

Sorry about the strict rules. I believe they're for a good cause, though perhaps this is not the best place for me to go into that in detail. Yes, I already have a placeholder for giac.js because emscripten isn't available in Debian - I think it's still useful to have a local copy even if it's not interactive, so I've been installing the html regardless.

Good that you mentioned the online version - I'll add a link in the placeholder page for algeseconde.html, to https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pa ... conde.html.

Répondre