Compile Giac on Mac OS X

Librairie C++ de calcul formel/ C++ symbolic computation library

Modérateur : xcasadmin

pemitsig

Re: Compile Giac on Mac OS X

Message par pemitsig » sam. déc. 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello,

Can you take a look at the attached pdf please. It's a step by step guide of how to compile Giac on Mac OS based on our experience and all the advices you gave us through this thread.

We would appreciate any comments and corrections about either UNIX mistakes (linking, paths) or any misunderstandings on our behalf.

Thanks for all the help and time and patience!

Petros and Filio.
Pièces jointes
CompilingGIAConMacOSX.pdf.zip
(103.4 Kio) Téléchargé 288 fois

parisse

Message par parisse » sam. déc. 18, 2010 5:21 pm

My remarks:
* if gmp was compiled with arch=i386 and not arch=ppc, giac should be configured the same (no universal binary)
* you do not need to run configure, make or open with sudo only make install must be run with sudo. It is generally a good idea to use sudo only when required, because the system will not let you do something dangerous unlike when you are doing sudo something.
* Did you really compile with gcc 4.0, I thought you compiled with gcc 4.2
* for libintl.h located in /usr/local/lib/, the reason is that I compiled gettext from source
* usual.cc: should build correctly if MPFR support is correctly configured. Check config.h and comment HAVE_LIBMPFR if needed.
* The other errors after that means that the linker did not produce an executable. I believe you can still run icas because the old one (compiled only with gmp) is still there or you have a copy of xcas for mac installed and icas refers to the installed /usr/local/bin/icas. Try ./icas to see if it's your compiled icas.

pemitsig

Message par pemitsig » sam. déc. 18, 2010 5:35 pm

The steps in the pdf were executed exactly as mentioned on a new different machine. We might have ran some things differently by accident.
We did have xcas for mac installed on the new machine, so that means that our icas wan't created. Running ./icas returned an error saying command not found.
We will study your remarks and try to make it run.

Thanks,
Filio and Petros

Répondre